You may recall from my latest Baby M Update post
that I said we had a small mini gender reveal party through webcam for our families. Google Hangout is awesome if you’ve never tried it before!
Well, even though we were just doing it through a computer instead of in person, I wanted to make it fun and still have decorations.
So here is what I made:
I made the banner with my Cricut machine and the bee balloons to hang behind us during the reveal.
Here is how I made the little bee balloons:
I had left over pink and blue balloons from when I told Travis we were pregnant so I pulled out one of each color.
I then just blew up the balloons with one good breath each.
I didn’t need them to be large.
I then took black electrical tape and wrapped it around the balloon three times to create the stripes of the bee.
My bees needed some wings so I took a white sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper to create 2 wings.
Cut the paper in half.
Then just folded each piece in half.
Starting at the crease side, I drew out the shape of the wing.
Then just cut out.
Flip open and you will have some nice wings.
I then used a bone folder to crease where the wings meet the center so I would get a nice fold.
I taped in this small piece of paper between the wings so they would stay up and not fall flat.
Then, I just used double sided tape to add the wings to the center of the balloon.
I then created little bees on sticks.
One side, the bees were yellow which we first showed to our families.
On the other side, I made pink or blue bees depending on what the gender turned out to be.
Here is another shot of the shutters with the banner and bees.
On the pink balloon, I drew a little girlie face.
On the boy balloon, I drew a little boy face.
When it came time for the reveal, we decided to play a little trick on our families.
We each started with a bee of a different color so when we flipped the bees around the family would be confused and not find out immediately.
We acted like we made a mistake and were getting the proper bees, instead we just switch colors and flipped them again.
Finally, the third time we both grab the girl bees to flip around to actually reveal the gender.
Of course, everyone was thrilled!
I am glad that we decided to do it this way. It was fun to see everyone’s faces when we announced the gender of Baby M!
Linking up to some of these parties.