Take it away Shelby!
I am so excited to be on Allison’s blog today and we all hope that her move is going smoothly as we all can attest to the fact that moving can get crazy!
So I have a quick tutorial for you on how to make paper with an old fashioned look.
I aged and painted a hutch I had and needed some decor for the inside. So this what I did to add
a little summon, summon to the hutch.
- Old book for the paper
- Coffee or tea ( I used instant coffee and it was a lot simpler for me)
- Cookie Sheets
How to Age the Paper:
1. If you want to print or write anything on your paper you need to do it BEFORE you do this process.
2. Preheat the oven to 200
3. Make coffee and pour just enough of it onto a cookie sheet. (It doesn’t have to be very much because the paper won’t soak up very much of it)
4. Tear out paper and place in on Cookie sheet with all the coffee (I used an old cookie sheet)
5. Let it soak make sure the entire sheet is cover, along with the front and back.
6. Transfer paper onto another dry cookie sheet.
7. Place cookie sheet with the paper into the oven for about 6 minutes or until the paper is dry.
8. Very gently, loosen the paper from the cookie sheet- it will be hot so be careful!
- To give the paper a more aged look pour some of the coffee bits onto the paper and let it sit for awhile before rubbing it off. Or you can rub it around the edges giving it more of a burnt look.
- You can rub your finger around the edges of the paper to wear them out. You can also wear a hole in the middle by rubbing the paper with your fingers.
- You can experiment with the colors- coffee will make the paper darker while the tea will give it a lighter look.
Thanks so much for guest posting for me Shelby!
I appreciate the help! 🙂