Introducing Baby M 2.0

Hi all!! 
If you follow me on Facebook and on Instagram, you already know that Baby M 2.0 arrived (in a wild fashion at that) and have seen some pictures of her. 
I have yet to share her name anywhere so I want to formally introduce Baby M 2.0 to all of you today!

Here is the last belly pic I have before her arrival. 
I took it the day I turned 39 weeks, Halloween day, and she arrived the next morning. 
I’m so happy I decided to take this picture on that day. 
Of course she was here for week 40.
I took a picture similar like this with Miss P so I had to do it again with her. 
Sadie wanted to arrive and she wanted to arrive quickly. 
So fast in fact, we didn’t make it out of our house and she was born on our living room floor before the EMTs actually arrived. 
I shared Miss P’s birth story so I am going to share her’s as well so here ya go. 
I’m sure many of you are intriqued now that you know she was born at home as well. 😉 
Sadie’s birth story: 
I went to bed about 1230-1 am Halloween night with no signs of contractions or of
labor even thinking about occuring. I fall asleep and wake up at 3am to
contractions but even then I wasn’t sure if it was contractions. I was
having a dream when I woke up and I felt like the contractions were
occuring only during certain parts of my dream. They weren’t very
painful and were spaced out so I also just thought maybe I had to go to
the bathroom and was having poop cramps. (Sorry if that is TMI but I’m sharing it all.) So
I get up and go to the bathroom and well… things happened so I
thought I was in the clear and back to bed I went. I fell back asleep
for a short time and then woke back up and realized that I was indeed
having contractions. They still weren’t real steady but they were
getting stronger. I felt like I had to go to the bathroom again and so
off I went. I sat there and realized I was definitely in labor and my
body was definitely preparing itself by cleaning itself out. Joy!! 
THINK it was during this time that my water broke but I am not positive.
During one push, I felt a gush and heard a trickle and thought, “Was
that pee or did my water just break?” No other water came out and it
wasn’t coming out at all once I was up and about so I totally forgot
about it. I finally managed to get back to bed right before 4.
Contractions were getting a little worse and I knew I had to wake up
Travis. I woke him up and said “So, I think we need to get up and pack. I
am in labor. But don’t panic we have time.” HAHAHA… yeah, little did I
know right! And yep, we weren’t packed yet. I totally felt that we had
more time and we were going to pack that weekend.
wakes up and is all about packing. I asked him if he had a stop watch
because I wanted to time the contractions. We time between contractions
and it was about 3 minutes and 15 secs. apart. We start packing and I have to stop and start as
my contractions hit. I mention that having a natural childbirth is for
the birds and people are crazy that do it. HAHAHA- yet again! I am
trying to pack as fast as I can and can’t. I have Travis time my
contractions again about 5 to 10 mins after the first time and my
contractions were already just over a minute apart and getting much
stronger. I was having really bad back labor and so every time a
contraction hit, I had to stop what I was doing to breath. At one point
during the packing, I had to go to the bathroom once again and had to
quickly sit down as my body cleaned itself out a little more. At that
time, the “bloody show” decided to appear as well. It was getting closer
to 4:30 am at this point and Travis was running around the house grabbing
things. He comes back up to the room and he says he gonna go start the
truck and I told him he had to go wake my parents up to tell them we are
My contractions were right on top of each other at
this point and I was in a lot of pain with the back labor. My parents
quickly came into our room and I could barely do anything because the
contractions were coming so fast. I was trying to grab a few last minute
things I knew I would need and my parents were throwing them in our
bag. I couldn’t do anything and had to keep having someone rub my back
during a contraction. My parents kept saying “you have to go!” and I
just remember thinking I am trying! 
I finally managed to make it down
the steps and Travis was taking everything out to the vehicle. I said I
wanted our good, big camera and asked my dad to run upstairs and get it.
He ran up and came back down and I was in so much pain and having
pressure. I thought I had to poop once again and said “I have to go to
the bathroom… MOVE!” It was probably 4:50 if not a minute or two later
at this point. I run into the bathroom and everyone said… “Don’t push
her out!” I sat there and was like ok, I’m fine. My mom asked how I was
and I said I was fine. Then suddenly a contraction hit and my body took
over the pushing on its own. I freaked and yelled, “Oh, god! I can’t
stop pushing!” I reached down and felt her head right there. My mom ran
into the bathroom and I said again, “I feel her head.” so mom yelled to
call 911 and that we were going anywhere. I remember hearing Travis on
the phone with the 911 operator and I managed to get up after that and walk out
of the bathroom. As soon as I stepped out, another contraction hit and
my mom yelled to my dad to help get me to the couch. I then said “Screw
the couch, lay me right here on the floor.” and I pretty much just went
straight to the ground.
Now at this point, things start
becoming a blur. I remember still hearing Travis talking to the
operator, everyone running around the house grabbing pillows, blankets,
and towels as I just lay there on the floor. I had my shoes and pants
and everything on so I do remember yelling at my mom to take everything
off. Travis had to check if he could see the head and at that moment, he
didn’t. Pretty much the next contraction after that, I had to push,
though everyone told me not too, my body again took over. I then just
remember pushing and letting out a scream as her head came out. Travis
was on the phone still going over all the steps as my mom was down
there. The 911 operator told Travis to run and find a string to tie
around the umbilcal cord when she came out so he took off upstairs. My
mom then discovered that her cord was around her neck and yelled to
Travis to tell the operator. I remember talking about when to push her
body out because I felt like it was taking forever for the next
contraction to happen. Next thing I knew, the contraction hit, and out
she came! BTW, the cord upwound itself as she slid out at 457 am into my
mom’s arms. Travis tied the string, actually a boot lace he ripped off
his work boots, around the cord and then we waited for the EMTS.
was on the phone with the 911 operator for a total of 4 minutes and 35
seconds. That was from the time he called until the EMTs actually showed
up and she was out for a good minute or two before the EMTs arrived so
that just shows how fast and ready she was to come. The EMTS come in, 6
guys- 3 EMTS, 3 Firemen, and they were totally disappointed she already
arrived. They did what they needed to do, and after a little bit they
loaded Sadie and I up into the ambulance and off we went to the hospital
on post. The 3 firemen actually stayed back and cleaned up the whole
mess for us and took any of the blankets and towels that were too nasty.
So happy they did that for us! And the 911 operator and the LT. that
arrived, even called us a few days later to see how we both were doing.
So nice of them!
We arrived at the hospital and my afterbirth
still had to come out so that was the first thing that was taken care
of. And for anyone that plans on having a natural childbirth, that
process was much worse than the labor and delivery itself, granted Sadie
was a lot smaller than Miss P and I didn’t rip at all like I did with Miss P, but the whole pushing on my stomach to make sure all of the
placenta and umbilcal cord came out was SOOOOOOOOOOOO PAINFUL!!! And she
did it 3 or 4 times in a row. AHHHH!!
After that, Travis was able to give Sadie her first bath and we hung out in one room before we were moved to the recovery room. Sadie had to have antibiotics like her older sister did so we stayed in the hospital for about 2 1/2 days until all her test results came back clean.
All in all, it was a crazy, whirlwind of a morning but we all came out healthy and happy!
Here are some more pictures. One is the scene at the house once the EMTs arrived. 
All the craziness at the house, daddy giving Sadie her bath, and our first picture of the 3 of us. 
Miss P meeting her new little sister for the first time, family picture of the 4 of us, Sadie with her wubbanub, Daisy, and me and my girl right before we left the hospital.
 Miss P with some balloons that represent our family, another family of us 4 now that we are home, looking cute sleeping after eating, and Miss P holding her new sister. 
 Of course I’ve done a little photo shoot with her already. Gotta capture her itty bitty moments. 
And the last pic, Miss P wanted to be in the pictures when I was taking the 40 week pics and I love this one. So cute!


You Might Also Like

  • Mallory Frayn
    November 11, 2013 at 9:27 pm

    What a crazy story you will have to tell little Sadie when she gets older! Congrats!

  • ConsciousConsumerBarbie
    November 11, 2013 at 9:34 pm

    What an amazing story! So glad you're both fine. Wow! She's cute as a button!

  • Amy @ The Happy Scraps
    November 11, 2013 at 9:40 pm

    Wow! What an ordeal!! So glad everything turned out well. She is adorable!

  • Mabey She Made It
    November 11, 2013 at 10:18 pm

    Um, I couldn't help but laugh out loud because you just told my exact birth story for my second baby. (Except I didn't have a bag packed and ended up at the hospital with nothing but a t-shirt and bra in the dead of winter.)

    Glad everything went well and that Sadie's fine. Delivering the placenta afterward at the hospital was the worst for me too! And isn't it funny how you gladly welcome 5 strange men (6 in your case) into your home when you're naked and it doesn't even phase you?

  • Mandy [Mandipidy]
    November 11, 2013 at 11:17 pm

    SO CRAZY, ALLISON! So happy that you and Sadie are alright… wish I could meet her sweet face!

  • Bonnie (BornInaZoo)
    November 11, 2013 at 11:29 pm

    This will be a birth story that Sadie gets to tell for life! My mom was at the zoo with my 3 older siblings on Easter Sunday when I decided to arrive quickly.Hence the name Bonnie instead of Caroline (Dad said there's no way you are naming her Bunny… thank you Dad) and my online moniker BornInaZoo.

  • Heidi @ Happiness is Homemade
    November 11, 2013 at 11:51 pm

    Add me to the list of people who accidentally delivered their second baby at home! I agree that the placenta delivery at the hospital was AWFUL, but I ended up with 4th degree tearing from my home birth, so that was the worst part for me. My son was born about 1/2 an hour after my first contraction, but luckily for me the EMTs arrived literally as he was coming out, so at least I felt a little bit of reassurance that the professionals had arrived JUST in time! I SO wish I had a picture of it like you do though! Congratulations for making it through all of that – Sadie is totally adorable! 🙂

  • Heather{Our Life In a Click}
    November 12, 2013 at 12:00 am

    Wow!!!What an amazing and crazy birth story for sweet little Sadie…look out, she's going to be a little firecracker I think! I'm glad you are all fine and you look great. She's adorable! Congratulations to you all!! Great job there Mommy!

  • Amanda
    November 12, 2013 at 12:22 am

    What a birth story! Glad that you're both alright!

  • Something Nice and Pretty
    November 12, 2013 at 1:57 am

    What a great birth you had and Sadie will love to hear all about it as she grows! Beautiful pictures of you all!

  • Kristin
    November 12, 2013 at 2:32 am

    What an AMAZING story! She was determined! She is a beautiful baby and you have such a wonderful story to tell. I'm so happy everything worked out well, and you are one tough momma who deserved a lot of credit! Congrats!

  • Four dogs and one quilter
    November 12, 2013 at 5:17 pm

    Congratulations and welcome Sadie.

  • Maureen Hayes
    November 13, 2013 at 4:41 am

    Okay, first of all – you and Travis make the most beautiful children! Congratulations on Sadie's arrival (beautiful name BTW). Sorry that her delivery was such an adventure, but I am so grateful it all turned out alright. I wish you all the very best and can't wait to hear more about your family of 4! God bless you all.

  • BettyCupcakes
    November 13, 2013 at 7:28 pm

    Holy cow- that is the craziest story! So glad y'all are all healthy and happy! Way to go, mama!

  • Vickie @
    November 14, 2013 at 6:00 am

    Oh my – what a wonderful, crazy, amazing and perfect story! Won't it be fun to tell it to Sadie some day! Congratulations to you and your family!

  • Jen
    November 14, 2013 at 7:09 pm

    Oh. My. Gosh. That is insane! So glad everyone is happy and healthy! Congrats!

  • caregivermom
    November 27, 2013 at 8:25 pm

    what a beautiful way to start a new life, congratulations on your new little girl, and much love to your beautiful family.