I’ve been wanting to decorate our mantle for fall for a while now.
This is the first time I am really decorating the mantle so I was really excited to get to work.
I didn’t want to buy anything new so I went digging in all my seasonal decor and even my craft stash to pull it all together.
After playing around with the arrangement, I am happy with how it all came out.
I’ll take you on a closer look of everything I used to create this look.
I decided to go with browns, oranges, reds, and greens for the colors.
Everything I had fit right into that so it worked out well.
I took a burlap garland and placed it on the mantle first and twisted and shaped it until it was how I liked it.
I placed two silver candle holders with green candles on them on the right side of the mantle.
I then placed this apple gourd that I have had for years now in front.
I had these leaves for years as well after not using them in a wreath and cut them down to fit into the vase. Travis sent the vase, along with its mate, home from Afghanistan and it is actually made of a sold piece of stone.
In the center of the mantle, I placed this old window, that we’ve had since we lived in KY and I’ve never used, to add height and to use to hang my Burlap Bubble Wreath on.
In front of the window, I placed a small wire star with a little owl bird friend I picked up last year at World Market.
I then placed my Harvest sign in front of that next to a cake plate of pumpkins and gourds.
On the left side of the mantle, I placed another apple gourd on the base of my cloche with some berries. I used a small box and hid it under the burlap to help elevate the base for more height.
In front of that, I placed more leaves that I used on the other side of the mantle and also another vase from Afghanistan.
I then placed some acorns along the whole mantle for another layer of fun.
Since this is a faux mantle, I could decorate the inside of my fireplace as well.
I grabbed some burlap leftover from Miss P’s birthday party and put it on the bottom of the fireplace.
I also used another box under the burlap for a little height.
I used my autumn glitter art I made a few years ago in the back for a good amount of color and for the height.
I layered some glittered pumpkins that I already had on hand from previous seasons in front of it.
I had another sprig of leaves left over from a past wreath so I cut those up as well and placed here and there to fill in the area.
I had to laugh at my large glittered pumpkin because I used to use this guy outside and the sun actually faded the glitter. The bottom color of glitter on the pumpkin was what the entire pumpkin used to look like but now with the fade of the sun, it looks more like and Ombre Pumpkin. Thanks sun! 🙂
I am really happy with how it all came out and am thriled to be able to decorate the mantle for other seasons and occasions!
Now, we’ll see how long it takes for Miss P to grab one of those pumpkins on bottom and make them a toy. So far so good and it has been up for a week or so now!