I have a confession to make about being pregnant.
I did NOT enjoy it!
It always amazes me when a woman says “I LOVE(D) being pregnant!” and if you are one of these women, more power to you!
After waiting almost 3 years to finally see that word “pregnant” on a
test, I had high hopes that the next 40 weeks would be one of the best
experiences of my life. It was and it wasn’t. There were a few things that I did enjoy about being pregnant but for the most part, it wasn’t the “best” experience for me.
Here are some reasons why I didn’t enjoy it:
1. My INSANELY HORRIBLE morning, afternoon, and night sickness my first trimester that also stuck around my whole pregnancy. Not being able to eat anything and throwing up what little I did manage to get down was not fun.
2. The constant pain I was in starting at week 10, whether it be my back, my round ligament pain, sciatic nerve, popping a rib out of place- you name it, I had it and didn’t enjoy it.
3. Not sleeping well and struggling to just roll over off of one painful hip to the other. I know everyone doesn’t sleep great while they are pregnant, but I am one woman that LOVES her sleep! lol
4. This one may sound strange but I actually did not enjoy when I was finally able to feel P move. It did not feel like little butterflies like everyone said it would. It almost felt like a burning sensation for me and it was not enjoyable! I was thankful when that stage was over and I was really able to feel her kick, punch, and roll.
5. I am a HUGE neck and back popper! It grosses other people out but I don’t care because it feels SOOO GOOD! As my pregnancy went on, my back was so stiff and I knew that one good pop would fix it and it just wouldn’t happen. Not fun!
Again, I did enjoy some things about pregnancy though.
1. Of course I enjoyed the thought of growing that little bean and seeing her on the ultrasounds.
2. Feeling those kicks, punches, hiccups, and rolls and knowing that things are going well.
3. Hearing that heartbeat for the first time and all those many times after.
4. My face was the clearest it has been since, shoot, I can’t remember when my face was that clear last! lol
5. My legs hair grew SOOO slow and it was fabulous since I rarely had to shave and that was so nice when that belly got so large that it was hard to bend over to shave! lol
Obviously, I LOVE what I got in the end of this pregnancy.
It was definitely all worth it but I just pray that if and when pregnancy #2 occurs, that it will go better than this one and I will enjoy it a little more.
I hope I’m not the only one that didn’t enjoy being pregnant!
Please, tell me I’m not alone!