This is a LONG post so bare with me! Friday, I shared with everyone the awesome shutters we bought for $4.99 a piece and now I am so happy to be able to share what we did with these shutters.
Here are the shutters when we bought them. The only thing I did to them was spray Valspar Clear Gloss on them to prevent any more of the paint from chipping off on our heads.
I also bought these frames that I did not show you all. I got 3 of them on clearance from Home Goods for $4.99 and the fourth one at Hobby Lobby half off. You’ll see what I did with these later.
So once Travis was back in town I put him to work. And our two little fur children wanted to help. haha! They are both SO NOSY!
Oscar checking out what dad is up to.
Patton ready to attack the wire Travis is working with.
We bought picture wire and eye hooks to hang the shutters with. Travis pre-drilled the holes and screwed in the eye hooks. Then cut the wire to the proper length and attached them.
Here is the finish product.
View of the wire and the eye hook.
My handsome hubby hard at work finishing the third shutter.
Measuring the wire to the proper length.
Time to put them up. Got out the laser level (and discover how unlevel our new house actually is in the process) and put them up. We bought the new hooks that you place in the wall and one end presses onto the backside of the drywall. (Does that make sense?) So simple to use!
And they are up! I LOVE them!!! 🙂
Now back to those frames. I sanded, primed, and spray painted, )and had to sand and spray paint them again because they TOTALLY messed up,) with Krylon’s Totally Tangerine or something like that. The easiest project turned into a pain in the butt!
I then took my ink pad for scrapbooking and rubbed down all the high points and edges.
Here they are done. I stapled blue ribbon to the back of them (forgot to take a picture of that) and then did this with them….
Here are the shutters completely done! 🙂 I LOVE how they turned out! I made the wreath to hang on the middle shutter and put the frames on the outer ones. We both are really happy with how they turned out.
Middle panel with wreath. (I will put up a tutorial about how I made this another day.)