Steph from Southern Fairy Designs is visiting from across the pond today.
Steph is super sweet and super talented. This girl knows how to make some jewelry knock-offs!
I’ll let Steph take it from here !
If you want to have a go then you’ll need:
- Wire cutters
- Beading wire
- Silver clasp
- 8 x 6mm pearlescent beads
- 85 x 6mm pearls
- 14 x glass rectangle beads
- 85 x 4mm black bicone beads
- 2 silver crimp beads
So now to start making the necklace….
1. Cut 3 lengths of beading wire: 36 inches long, 34 inches long and 27 inches long.
2. Thread the 3 lengths of beading wire through a crimp bead, through the heart clasp loop and back through the crimp bead. 3. Crimp the crimp bead with the pliers.
4. Thread the first black bicone bead onto all three lengths of beading wire, feed the loose ends through the bead to secure them.
5. Keep threading black bicone beads on till there are 50 beads on the threads. 6. Take the 2 longest lengths and thread 5 pearls onto them. 7. Take the longest strand and thread the 8 pearlescent beads onto it.
8. Take the mid length of wire and thread 9 pearls on.
9. Take the mid and long lengths of wire and thread 4 pearls on.
10. Take the long length and thread the 14 rectangle beads on.
11.Take the mid length and thread on 21 pearls.
12. Take the mid and long length and thread on 14 pearls.
This is how the necklace should be shaping up by now….
13. Take the short length and thread on 39 pearls.
14. Take all 3 lengths of wire and thread the remaining 35 black bicone beads.
15. Thread a crimp bead onto the 3 wire lengths, pass through the clasp bar attachment loop.
16. Thread the wire back through the crimp bead and crimp with pliers. 17. Trim the excess wire down and thread through the closest bead to secure it.
Now the necklace is finished and I hope you love it as much as I do… and it cost me nothing as I had all this stashed away in my craft room 🙂
That is so pretty Steph!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us all!
Everyone go stop by Southern Fairy Designs and tell Steph Hello!